Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Episode 53 WI Trailers, Videogames and more!


Episode 53: What's Interesting, Trailers, Videogames and more!

Produced by Relevant to Our Interests
Scripting by Frank Shaw and John Belliston
Edited by: Frank Shaw
Graphic Design by: Nathan Newell
Intro Music: Morning Activities by F.G. Shaw
Outro Music: Morning Activities by F.G. Shaw

It's old now, especially with the Antman and the Wasp trailer having come out today. But still, it is an awesome trailer, and it's fun to speculate: 



The holidays have come and gone, but that doesn't mean gaming has to. Here's the Dice Tower's top 10 list of gateway games for those who are, but might be interested in becoming gamers. Those guys are the experts, if you don't want to watch their video on the topic, there's a great list of all the games they discuss down below the video. Most of the games I suggest are not there (but do appear on similar lists on the website). 

John has a lot of video games to talk about: First up Doki Doki Literature Club. I still haven't played it, visual novels aren't usually my thing, but it is intriguing enough that it's on the purchase list. 

The Overlord games are a blast. They are pretty cheap to find used if you have an XBox 360 or if you prefer you can also pick them up on steam. Sadly, they don't appear to have been made backwards compatible yet for folks that have an XBox One but not a 360. If you get the chance, play them! They are incredibly fun.  

The last recommendation from John, and not the first time he's mentioned it on he podcast (and likely won't be the last) is Psychonauts. It's available on steam here.  But also if you have a hard copy (or can manage to get your hands on one) it's now backwards compatible on the XBox One. It's also available on www.gog.com (which to John's chagrin is my preferred method). 

Not a ton of new news that I can see on the Quentin Tarantino R rated Star Trek film. One of the early articles on this news is pretty speculative. Mostly mentioning how he has talked to JJ Abrams about a Star Trek movie, and the possibility of putting together a writers room for the film. This Variety article, published after this episode was recorded, indicates that he has been joined in writers duties by Mark L. Smith writer of The Revenant. I'm not sure what to think personally. I love Star Trek, so I'm hoping it has some legs... but at the same time I'm not. We'll have to wait and see I suppose. 

Finally, the Cracked.com layoffs. This is the most detailed news article that I can find on it. I've completely given up on Cracked now, and I think John has as well. The video content there was quickly becoming some of the best stuff the website was putting out, and despite a few of the writers remaining that I like, they don't contribute enough articles at a regular intervals for me to check more than once or twice a month. Which is sad as the site was one place I'd visit online nearly everyday for a very long time. We'll eventually catch up and look into this in a future episode, even if it's just to comment on a project a former Cracked creator is working on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment